The First Eight Months of Oklahoma City.
OKLAHOMA FLOUR AND FEED DEPOT
C. A. McNabb, proprietor of the Oklahoma Flour and Feed Depot, came to Oklahoma on the 22d Of April with the hosts that rushed in from the east line of the territory. He was born in Green county, Ohio, December 11, 1861, and in that state he was educated. He graduated with the highest honors from the Miami Commercial College, Dayton, Ohio, in 1881. He immediately accepted the position of first book keeper for the firm of Legler, Barlow & Co., in Dayton, which position he satisfactorily filled for four years. In 1885 he moved to Winfield, Cowley county, Kansas, where he entered the mammoth flour and feed establishment of Bliss & Wood. He remained with this house until the opening of Oklahoma. Arriving in the city on the afternoon of the 22d, he was doing business in less than twenty-four hours. On the 23d of April he had two cars of flour and feed on the track and with the very first lumber that came in he constructed a 14 X 16 building between California and Reno avenues, fronting the old Reno trail, in which he sold goods until May when he moved into his present commodious quarters on Broadway, between Main street and Grand avenue His trade has increased so rapidly that it now consumes on an average of two car loads per day of flour and feed. Mr. McNabb gives the business his personal attention and is considered an able judge of wheat, corn, oats, rye, flour and everything else in his particular line. His family consists of his wife and two children and the family residence is on Chickasaw street. He is one of the city's live, wide awake, happy, generous, energetic, well doing citizens.