This photo is the staff of the department in 1946. From left are Officer Fred Boyce, Office Eli Pricer, Night Chief Fred Peden, Chief Oscar Dozier, and Officer Gene Wood. Officer Wood served from 1946 to 1968, and served as Chief from 1959 to 1968. The police department had no cars or radios. If an officer was needed, citizens would call the fire department. The fire department would then toot the fire whistle twice, signalling the officer to swing by and see where they were needed.