OKGenWeb Logo

Maps 'n' More
Created By Sharon McAllister

USGenWeb Logo

Index Canadian Cleveland Kingfisher Lincoln Logan Pottawatomie

Oklahoma  County Towns

RR Station or P.O.

1895 

1915 

1972 

Township Map

Near
Aero Estates  No  No  No Deep Fork  

Ambric

 No

 No

 No

Council Grove

Tile Works

Arcadia  

Yes

Yes

Yes

Deep Fork

  

Ball

Yes

  No   No

Deer Creek

 

Bethany

 No No 

Yes

Council Grove  
Britton

Yes

Yes  No Britton  
Capitol Hill  No

Yes

 No Greeley  
Carter City  No  No  No Boone  
Cavett

Yes

 No  No Elk  
Center  No  No  No Deer Creek  
Chaddick    No  No  No Crutcho  
Choctaw

Yes

 No

Yes

Choctaw  
Conception  

Yes

No No Mustang  
Coon Creek No No No Deep Fork  
Council

Yes

Yes

No Council Grove  
Crutcho No No No Crutcho  
Del City No No

Yes

Boone  
Dickson

Yes

Yes

No Crutcho  
Douglas

Yes

No No Springer  
Dunjee Park No No No Choctaw  
Edmond

Yes

Yes

Yes

Edmond  
Flynn No

Yes

No Oklahoma  
Forest Park No No No Crutcho  
Garnettville

Yes

No No Luther  
Glaze

Yes

No

No Springer  
Gumbo Pit No

Yes

No Council Grove  
Harrah No

Yes

Yes

Elk  
Hartzell

Yes

Yes

No Hartzell  
Hibsaw No No No Luther  
Jay

Yes

No No Pottawatomi  
Jones

No

Yes

Yes

Springer  
Lake Aluma No No No Crutcho  
Lake Hiwassee No No

Yes

Deep Fork  
Lockhart

Yes

No No Spring Creek  
Ludlow No Yes No Dewey  
Luther No Yes

Yes

Luther  
Marion No Yes No Choctaw  
Midwest City No No

Yes

Boone  
Miller

Yes

No No Spring Creek  
Mishak No Yes No Boone  
Munger No Yes No Crutcho Spencer
Newalla No Yes

Yes

Pottawatomi  
Nichols Hills No No

Yes

Oklahoma  
Nicoma Park No No

Yes

Choctaw  
Oklahoma

Yes

Yes No Oklahoma  
Oklahoma City No No

Yes

Oklahoma  
Pennington No No No Elk Harrah
Servado

Yes

Yes No Luther  
Shawhoma

No

Yes No Oklahoma  
Shedd No Yes No Choctaw  
Shiloh No Yes No Oklahoma  
Smith Village No No No Boone  
Spencer No Yes

Yes

Crutcho  
Sweeney

Yes

No No Elk Harrah
The Village No No

Yes

Britton  
Tile Works No Yes No Council Grove  
Valley Brook No No

Yes

Greeley  
Warr Acres No No

Yes

Council Grove  
Wheatland No Yes

Yes

Mustang  
Whisler

Yes

No No Deer Creek  
Wing No Yes No Oklahoma  
Witcher No Yes

Yes

Hartzell  
Woodland Park No No No Council Grove  
Woods

No

No

Yes

Cass  
A stop and switch on the Rock Island Railroad, 3 miles west of Oklahoma City, but now in the city limits. Took its name from the American Brick Company
In northeastern Oklahoma County adjoining Oklahoma City. Post office established August 2, 1890. The word means ideal rustic contentment.
In Oklahoma County, adjoining Oklahoma City on the west. Post office established March 11, 1913. Its name comes from the Biblical community adjoining the city of Jerusalem.
In Oklahoma County. A post office from November 26, 1889 to November 15, 1950. Municipality consolidated with Oklahoma City by Ordinance No. 6351, effective April 1, 1950. named for Alexander Britton, Washington, D.C., Santa Fe Railway attorney.
Now part of the area of southern Oklahoma City, and originally a separate municipality. A post office from September 5, 1905 to October 31, 1911, on which date it became a substation to the Oklahoma City post office. The name comes from the circumstance that the area was at one time considered for the location of the state capitol.
A municipality in Oklahoma County, adjoining Midwest City. Townsite laid out in February, 1948, and consolidated with Del City, September 1, 1954. Named for Charles E. Carter and Edward M. Carter, townsite owners.
In Oklahoma County, 2 miles southwest of Harrah. A post office from May 24 1892 to October 27, 1898. No longer in existence, it was named for James S. Cavett, early-day resident.
In Oklahoma County, 8 miles west of Edmond. Post office established March 24, 1890 and named changed to Whisler, June 9, 1890. The name is from the circumstance that the site was the center of the lands open for settlement April 22, 1889.
In Oklahoma County, 2 miles west of Nicoma Park. Post office established April 16, 1890 and name changed to Dickson, July 17, 1896. Named for Edwin D. Chaddick, railroad official.
Formerly Choctaw City. In eastern Oklahoma County. Post office established February 21, 1890, and named changed to Choctaw, March 14, 1896. Choctaw took its name from the Choctaw, Oklahoma and Gulf Railroad.
In southern Oklahoma County. On September 7, 1892, the post office Rosedale in Cleveland County was moved into Oklahoma County, to what is now SW 44 and Meridian in Oklahoma City. Its name was then changed to Conception. Discontinued April 4, 1895. No longer in existence. Its name comes from Conception, Missouri.
Council Grove - Now within the city limits of Oklahoma City. Post office established June 11, 1892, and named changed to Council, December 7, 1894. Council Grove was the name of a nearby trading post established in 1858 by Jesse Chisholm. Council post office was discontinued August 15, 1906. A stop on the Rock Island Railroad, the depot was removed in 1934 and the site is now a part of Oklahoma City.
A municipality adjoining Oklahoma City on the southeast. Townsite name, by plat filed September 19, 1946, is Epperly Heights. Named for Delaphene Campbell, daughter of George Epperly, townsite owner.
Formerly Chaddick.
In Oklahoma County, 2 miles west of Nicoma Park. Post office name changed to Dickson, July 17, 1896, and discontinued August 15, 1906.
In northeastern corner of Oklahoma County. A post office from May 12, 2894 to Jun 15, 1900. No longer in existence, it was named for Selwyn Douglas, a prominent Oklahoma City, civil leader. Douglas City - Section 1, Township 13 N, R 1 W; 11 miles north, 15 miles east of Oklahoma City central business district; 1 1/2 miles south, 3 miles west of Luther. more
In northern Oklahoma County. Post office established May 23, 1889. Named for Eddy B. Townsend, rancher.
Present Luther, in Oklahoma County. Post office established May 22, 1892, and name changed to Luther, July 26, 1898. Named for Eugene M. Garnett, first postmaster.
Present Jones, in Oklahoma County. Post office established May 19, 1896, and name changed to Jones, June 1, 1898. Named for Charles D. Glaze, early-day resident.
Present Newalla, in Oklahoma County. Post office established September 3, 1903, and name changed to Newalla, June 24, 1904.
Formerly Sweeney. In eastern Oklahoma County. Post office named changed to Harrah, December 22, 1898. Named for Frank Harrah, merchant and business leader.
In Oklahoma County, 3 miles east of Witcher. A post office from January 27, 1893 to April 2, 1906, it was named for John H. Hartzell, first postmaster.
North of Luther, on the Oklahoma-Lincoln county line, 2 1/2 miles north of Hwy 66, appears to have been a stop on the Frisco railroad.
Formerly Rossville.
Formerly Glaze. In northeastern Oklahoma County. Post office name changed to Jones, June 1, 1898. Named for C. G. Jones, Oklahoma City industrialist and railroad promoter.
In northeastern Oklahoma County. A post office from July 30, 1897 to August 15, 1900. No longer in existence, its name comes from the Kickapoo Indians.
NE 63 btwn Bryant Ave and Coaltrane Rd
In Oklahoma County, 5 miles northwest of Britton A post office from March 21, 1894 to August 15, 1903. No longer in existence, it was named for George D. Lockhart, first postmaster.
Formerly Garnettville. In northeastern Oklahoma County. Post office established July 26, 1898. Named for Luther Jones, Oklahoma City businessman and son of C. G. Jones.
In Oklahoma County, southwest of Oklahoma City and now within its city limits. Incorporated August 1, 1951 and dissolved 1963. Named for J. D. McLemore, townsite developer.
In Oklahoma County, adjoining Midwest City. Townsite developed 1951 and municipality consolidated with Del City, July 8, 1963.
A separate municipality adjoining Oklahoma City on the southeast. Incorporated March 11, 1943.
In western Oklahoma County, 6 miles west of Britton. A post office from February 21, 1890 to March 15, 1904. Named for Samuel H. Miller, first postmaster.
In Oklahoma County, south of present Midwest City. A post office from March 29, 1900 to June 30, 1904. No longer in existence, it was named for Frank Mishak, first postmaster.
Present Spencer, in northeastern Oklahoma County. Post office established January 16, 1899, and name changed to Spencer, February 25, 1903. Named for G. W. Munger, townsite owner.
Formerly Halifax. In southeastern Oklahoma County. Post office named changed to Newalla, June 22, 1904. The name is an adaptation of the Osage word for the Canadian River.
Municipality located north of and adjacent to Oklahoma City. Incorporated 1929; named for G. A. Nichols, Oklahoma City developer and civic leader.
In eastern Oklahoma County. Post office established February 7, 1929. The named coined from the names Dr. G. A. Nichols, townsite developer, and Oklahoma.
County seat of Oklahoma County and the capital of Oklahoma since June 11, 1910. Post office established December 30, 1887, as Oklahoma Station. Name changed to Oklahoma, December 18, 1888, and to Oklahoma City, July 1, 1923. Although known since the opening of the Unassigned Lands as Oklahoma City, the post office did not adopt the name Oklahoma City until July 1, 1923.
The original designation of the stop on the Santa Fe Railway that later became Oklahoma City. Post office established December 30, 1887, and named changed to Oklahoma, December 18, 1888.
Present Harrah, in Oklahoma County. Post office established March 13, 1894, and name changed to Sweeney, june 22, 1896.
In Oklahoma County, adjoining Oklahoma City on the northwest and not a separate municipality. Townsite plat filed December 24, 1909. Named for I. M. Putnam, real estate developer and Oklahoma City business leader.
Formerly Jay. In eastern Oklahoma County. Post office name changed to Rossville, February 21, 1895 and discontinued August 19, 1895. No longer in existence.
A switch and loading point on the Rock Island Railroad in Oklahoma County, 10 miles east of Oklahoma City. Named for Louis F. Shedd, official of the Choctaw Coal and Railway Company.
Formerly Munger. In Oklahoma County, 5 miles northeast of Oklahoma City. Post office name changed to Spencer, February 25, 1903. Named for A. M. Spencer, railroad developer.
Present Harrah, in eastern Oklahoma County. Formerly Pennington. Name changed to Sweeney June 22, 1896 and post office name changed to Harrah, December 22, 1898. Named for E. W. Sweeney, early day settler.
Adjoining southeastern Oklahoma City. Named for Brigadier General Clarence L. Tinker, killed in action in 1942, while stationed in hawaii as a member of the Army Air Corps.
Municipality located adjacent to, and northwest of Oklahoma City. Incorporated in 1948; named for C. B. Warr, Oklahoma City developer and civic leader.
In southwestern Oklahoma County. Post office established February 10, 1902. Took its name from the principal local agricultural product.
Formerly Center. In northwestern Oklahoma County, 6 miles west of Edmond. A post office from June 9, 1904. No longer in existence, it was named for W. L. Whisler, first postmaster.
In northeastern Oklahoma County. A post office from January 31, 1903 to may 31 1914. Named for Daniel J. Witcher, townsite owner.

Thanks for stopping by!
Maps 'n' More

State-wide resources formerly found on Ceil's Corner 
Created By Sharon McAllister
Became an OKGenWeb Special Project  March 31, 2001
2001 - 2017 OKGenWeb

mini envelope E-mail Maps 'n' More

bug  Find any bugs or broken links?
Please Report them here
bug

Page last updated on
 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 

This site maintained by Mel Owings