New Carter County Coordinator

Moderator: Linda

seminole

New Carter County Coordinator

Post by seminole » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Hello all,

My name is Linda Simpson and I'm the new CC for Carter County. I live in the county and hope to help you with your genealogical questions. I would like to extend my appreciation, and I'm sure yours as well to Harold Massey who maintained the Carter County site for many years. Harold, we're gonna miss ya.
-
Best,

Linda Simpson
Carter County Coordinator

btondera

Re: New Carter County Coordinator

Post by btondera » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:33 pm

I am trying to verify a family story about the death of my great grand father, Jesse Simmons Perkins. I know that he was born in 1847. He was a Methodist Minister and the family had moved from Honey Grove, Texas to Woodford. northeast of Ardmore. He was supposedly a member of a posse looking for two thieves and one of the thieves shot him. He died from the wounds on March 15, 1891. I have heard the sane story from several different family members from different part of the country. I have no official records to verify the story. Did Carter Co. have a newspaper during that period? Bonnie Tondera

sueknight

Post by sueknight » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:23 pm

I am researching my GGGrandmother. I have page 2 of her divorce filed in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
INDIAN TERRITORY, THIRD JUDICIAL DIVISION . held in Ardmore, in the Indian Territory on the 17th day of Oct, 1893 and on the 11th day of said term: to wit: the 30th day of said month , Present, and presiding, the Honorable CHARLES B. STUART, Judge of said Court (this goes on in handwriting as follows) Now on this day this cause coming on to be heard the defendant comes not but wholly makes default and the court being fully advised in all premises finds that defendant has been legally served that plaintiff and defendant were legally intermarried on the 2nd day of March 1878 in the state of Texas and cohabited as husband and wife until the month of August 1892. That defendant has been guilty of such cruel and barbarous treatment toward plaintiff as to endanger the life of said plaintiff and has offened such indignities to the person of plaintiff as to render her condition intolerable. That the following children were born of said marriage to wit. Calvin Barton Field age 12 years, Mary Adeline Field aged 10 years, Henry Edward Field aged 6 years, Pheny May Field, aged 3 years, said cause of divorce occurred in the Chickasaw Nation and within the last three years that plaintiff has resided within the said Chickasaw Nation one year last past before the filing of this suit. Wherefore the Court doth order adjudge and decree that the bonds of matrimony heretofore existing between plaintiff and defendant be and the same re hereby disolved and held for naughn that plaintiff have the perpetual care and custody of the afore said children. THE ABOVE IS A TRUE COPY from the Record of an Order made by said Court on the 30th day of October, A.D. 1893 Joseph W. Phillips, Clerk, (signed by) F. J. Pearce, Deputy

Would it be possible for you to check in the Court house of Ardmore for this record? I would very much appriciate it and be willing to pay a small fee for the copy and postage.
Thanks
Sue

sueknight

Divorce records

Post by sueknight » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:35 pm

I am still trying to obtain divorce records filed in Ardmore IT on Oct 17, 1893 for Dave Field and Margaret Field. Any help?
sueknight

sueknight

Post by sueknight » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:57 pm

I am still trying to find where to look for Records of Judge Charles B. Stuart from Indian Territory, 3rd Judicial Division in Ardmore, in 1893 Any help would be appreciated.
Sue

sueknight

Post by sueknight » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Linda: Have you had any success in researching Court records in Ardmore, Indian Territory in 1893?
Sue

joyce33

Cowen and Smith families of Berwyn

Post by joyce33 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:21 am

Cowen and Smith famlies of Berwyn,any information ?

I am researching Ila Smith born 1892 in Berwyn and married James E.Cowen. She's buried in Gene Autry cemetery Dec 1975.Who were her parents, family ,etc.? Was her mother, Margaret Elizabeth Johnson?Father Thomas Henry Smith?
Thank you so much
Joyce

Return to “Carter County”