Indian Pioneer History
Project for Oklahoma
LDS Microfiche #6016976
Volume 111 - Cemeteries
Cemetery - Creek
Date: June 14, 1937
Burial ground: Roley McIntosh Burial Ground
Founded: abt 1833 by: Roley MCINTOSH
Abandoned: abt 1870
Present owner: Ben MARTIN
Address: Muskogee, Oklahoma
Number of graves: conditions prevent estimate; marked graves: 2
Legal location: Wagoner County, Section 26, Township 16N, Range 18E
Field Workers: James S. Buchanan and Carl R. Sherwood
"Roley McIntosh Burial Ground"
This old burial ground was established by Roley McIntosh and his niece,
Jane HAWKINS ( a daughter of Chief William McIntosh ) shortly after the
arrival of the McIntosh Creek emigration to the territory in 1832. It is
located on the original Roley McIntosh claim where he first settled and was
known as the McIntosh plantation, one mile north and two miles west of the
present site of the town of Wybark.
The general condition of the plot shows
years of neglect. The grave stones have fallen into the graves and the entire
plot is covered with a dense growth of brush and briars. It is impossible to estimate
the number of graves with any degree of accuracy.
There is one grave that has been covered
with a white granite vault, the grave has caved in and one end of the large
slab that covered the vault is all there is exposed, standing on end in the
There are indications of about twenty
graves with no markers.
Submitted to OKGenWeb by Gay Wall.