USGenWeb logo

Garvin County

County Seat - Pauls Valley

OKGenWeb logo
| Home | Archives  | Cemeteries | History | Lookups | Obits |
| Queries | Resources | Schools | Surnames | Links |

"Links to web sites that are not part of the USGenWeb Project are provided for your convenience
and do not imply any endorsement of the web sites or their contents by The USGenWeb Project."

Kimberlin Home
Whitebead, OK

This material is donated by people who want to communicate with and help others. Every effort is made to give credit and protect all copyrights. Presentation here does not extend any permissions to the public. This material can not be included in any compilation, publication, collection, or other reproduction for profit without permission.

Return to Historical Pictures

                             

The Kimberlin Home

The first orginal house was built by W.G. Kimberlin in the late 1860s. It burned in 1896 and the new house was completed in 1897. It was funded by W.G. Kimberlin, but the architect was from Kentucky...drifting through without a horse. The same man built the first courthouse in Pauls Valley, which was for the Chickasaw Nation prior to statehood. It stood where the Pauls Valley Drive Thru Bank parking lot is now. Mr. K owned that building.

Mr. Kimberlin was active in the Methodist Church, and was able to bring the annual Methodist Conference for Indian Territory to White Bead Hill for two years. After his first house burned, he wanted a house more suitable for entertaining. The house featured Queen Anne windows with stained glass, 5 lightening rods complete with vanes and insulators, painted gable patterns to match the stain glass colors, transoms, 12' ceilings downstairs and 10' ceilings upstairs, wainscoting, running water, and twin cisterns with charcoal filter. Later, in 1907, sidewalks were added around the house, then carbide lighting was added. The carbide tank still stands, and the pillars to the water tower are still intact. There were no fireplaces, due to the burning of the first home, so 11 coal stoves were used to heat the home. The family lived with the hands in the bunk house while the new house was built. The ranch was called the Crutch K Coffeepot ranch.

Submitted by: Grant Kemper Kimberlin, 4th Generation Resident


This document was last modified on:

OKBits logo

OK/IT logo

Animated US Flag
God Bless America

Hosted & 2017 by:
OKGenWeb logo

Garvin County Coordinator: Gail Meyer Kilgore

OKGenWeb State Coordinator
Linda Simpson
Asst: Mel Owings
1996-Present ~ All Rights Reserved

NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free Information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or for presentation by other persons or organizations. Files may be printed or copied for Personal use only. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than stated above must obtain the written consent of the file contributor.