|| Home | Archives
| History |
Lookups | Obits |
| Queries | Resources | Schools | Surnames | Links |
"Links to web sites that
are not part of the USGenWeb Project are provided for your
and do not imply any endorsement of the web sites or their contents by The USGenWeb Project."
Return to school pictures index
This material is donated by people who want to communicate with and help others. Every effort is made to give credit and protect all copyrights. Presentation here does not extend any permissions to the public. This material can not be included in any compilation, publication, collection, or other reproduction for profit without permission.
Crawford School - Year Unknown
Top row: Ovell Webb, Curley Harmon, ?, ?, Buddy Harmon,
?, Marie Harmon
Middle row: Walter Harmon Jr., ?, Billy Webb, Homer T. Harmon, Dub Webb, ?
Front row: ?, Billie Harmon, ?, ?, Jean Webb, ?, ?, Lloyd Harmon
Crawford School - Year Unknown
Top row: ?, ?, Myrtle Harmon, ?, ?,
Middle row: ?, ?, ?, Curley Harmon, ?, Marie Harmon (sitting)
Front row: ?, ?, Walter Harmon Jr., ?, ?
Crawford School, 1938
Top row: George Walker, Lon Stewart, Curley Harmon, Dale Webb,
Middle row: Billy Webb, L.C. Stewart, Kenneth Webb, Homer T. Harmon, Grady Stewart, Buddy Harmon
Crawford School was located five miles southwest of Wallville at the edge of the Table Top Mountains. The school took its name from Jim Crawford. The school served the community for several years and saw many community pie suppers and Christmas programs held there. There was also times when the building was used for church services.
During the winter months the children would try warming their lunches on the wooden stove in the building. At recess they would gather and play marble games and mumblepeg with pocket knives, or maybe a game of yarnball where they would take a small ball, wrap it with yarn and use it with their homemade bats and play a game of yarnball since they could not afford a baseball.
When the school was closed in 1938 the students attended the Hughes consolidated school in the Wallville area.
The old Crawford school house was torn down in 1973 and the area cleared leaving no trace of the place where the Crawford's, the Whitt's, the Walker's, the Grady's, the Harmon's, the Jackson's and many other children learned the three R's and ran and played and made memories in a one-room schoolhouse.
This document was last modified on:
Hosted & ©2017
Garvin County Coordinator: Gail Meyer Kilgore
OKGenWeb State Coordinator
Asst: Mel Owings
© 1996-Present ~ All Rights Reserved
|NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free Information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or for presentation by other persons or organizations. Files may be printed or copied for Personal use only. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than stated above must obtain the written consent of the file contributor.|