Queries | Photos |
Obits | Links |
WIMBISH, John Walden,
Family of David Hobbs Dcornet@aol.com
Dr. John Walden Wimbish was a doctor in the Ada, area about 1905. His father
was William Martin Wimbish b. 1810 in South Carolina and died Bef. 1 November
1847 in Jones or Jasper Co. GA. John's mother was Elizabeth A.C. Berry.
The children of William and Elizabeth Berry Wimbish were:
1. William B. Wimbish b. 1832
2. Jane E. Wimbish b. 1835
3. Thomas Jefferson Wimbish b. 1843
4. John Walden Wimbish b. 1846 near Macon, GA d. 1915 Ada, OK
John Walden Wimbish was born near Macon GA in 1846. He married Mary Haseltine
Goodwin in Lincoln Parish LA on 6 May 1869. She was the daughter of Robert
Goodwin and Susannah Mclaine.
John Wimbish graduated from Tulane University with a medical degree about 1869.
The family moved to Waxahatchie TX in 1876 where they resided until moving to Ada, OK in 1905. John passed away on 24 August 1915 in Ada. Mary had passed away the previous October.
Children of John and Mary Goodwin Wimbish:
1. Frances Belle Wimbish ( no dates )
2. Wilma Wimbish (no dates )
3. May Wimbish ( no dates )
4. Robert Wimbish b. 20 Feb 1871 30 Jul 1950 Ada, OK
5. William Aylmer Wimbish b. 29 Feb 1872 5 Apr 1915 Ada, OK
6. Jefferson Shirley Wimbish b. 10 Sep. 1876 d. 20 May 1922 Carthage, MS
7. Gahagan Cornelius Wimbish b. 31 July 1888 d. 13 Jul 1975 Oklahoma City
Robert Wimbish was born 20 Feb 1871 and died 30 Jul 1950 in Ada, OK. He married
Ruth Moss in 1894. She was the daughter of William and Mary Collier Moss
of Waxahatchie, TX.
Robert was one of the first lawyers in Ada. He came to practice in 1902 and was the first president of the Ada Lions Club. He was also a Mason and was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Ada. He attended the University of Texas Law School and is buried at Rosedale Cemetery in Ada.
He was listed as a Confederate veteran in the Ada Weekly News of 13 Aug 1908. His children are:
1. Marguerite Wimbish b. 16 Jan 1897 d. 1 Mar 1993 Ada, OK
2. Robert Wimbish b. 7 Jul 1900 d. 2 May 1960
3. Moss Wimbish b. 22 Jul 1902 d. Dec 30 1985
4. William Walden Wimbish b. 1905 d. 30 Sep 1982
5. Elizabeth Wimbish b. 1909
6. Phillip Wimbish b. Aft. 1910
Margeurite Wimbish was born 16 Jan 1897 in Waxahatchie, TX and died 1 Mar
1993 in Ada. She married George L. Hawkinson 13 October 1917 in Ada. She
was a music teacher and retired as Chairman of the Music Department at East
Central University in 1967. She was a member of various Civic clubs in Ada
and is buried at Rosedale Cemetery in Ada. She and George had one son:
1. Frank L. Hawkinson d. Bef 1946
Hosted & ©2017 by:
OKGenWeb State Coordinator
Asst: Mel Owings
© 1996-Present ~ All Rights Reserved
|USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free Information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or for presentation by other persons or organizations. Files may be printed or copied for Personal use only. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than stated above must obtain the written consent of the file contributor.|