THE FREDERICK PRESS, Frederick, Okla., Friday, December 19, 1930, pg. 2:

Mrs. W.W. Rogers Called by Death

   Altho (sic) her passing was not unexpected as she had been sick the past 10 weeks, the death of Mrs. Adeline Truscott Rogers, 73, which took place at the home of her son, Dr. J.J. Rogers, 111 South 14th street, early Friday morning came as a shock to her legion of friends.  She was one of the pioneers of this city and was actively identified with much of its early history, being a charter member of some of our organizations as the First Methodist church and Eastern Star.  She was also the mother of two of our mayors, Dr. J.J. Rogers, present incumbent, and Z.Z. Rogers, who for several years held this position.  The latter is now an official of the Southwestern Light & Power Co., at Oklahoma City.
Adeline Truscott was born in Litchfield, (Kankakee or Montgomery County)  Ill., May 9, 1857; later she accompanied her parents to Cario, (Cairo?, Alexander County) Ill., where she attended school.  When a young girl she moved to Clarksville, (Johnson County) Ark., where she was married Nov. 12, 1874 to W.W. Rogers.  The family remained there until 1900 when they moved to Vernon, (Wilbarger County) Texas.

  In 1904 Mrs. and Mrs. Rogers and children moved to Frederick (Tillman County, OK) to join their son E.E. Rogers, who drew the homestead where the Frederick First addition is now located, this city's most exclusive residence district.  W.W. Rogers established the Red Store, one of the first general merchandise stores in Frederick.

   Following the death of her husband Aug. 28, 1913, she went to Kansas City, Mo., where she made her home with her son, D.D., whose wife had died, and where she helped rear her son's two children.  She returned to Frederick occasionally to visit her children and since Dec. 11, 1929, she  has been residing with her son, Dr. Rogers of this city.

   In addition, to Dr. J.J. Rogers and D.D. Rogers she is survived by two other sons, E.E. Rogers, Hutchinson, (Reno County) Kas., and A.A. Rogers, Iraan, (Pecos County) Texas, and one daughter, Mrs. S.E. Patton, Bartlesville, (Washington) Okla.  All were here for the funeral excepting E.E. Rogers who could not be reached in time and A.A. Rogers who was unable to be here on account of sickness.  The later was first principal of the Frederick schools and later county superintendent.

   Funeral services were held from the First Methodist church at 3 p.m. in charge of Rev. R.B. Moreland, pastor.  The chancel rail was surrounded with a profuse floral offering.  A special choir composed of Mrs. O.D. Wilkes, Mrs. Elmo Barker, Miss Alice Faye McLellan, Mrs. R.O. Cull, Mrs. R.L. Case, Dr. W.T. Longwell, Frank Moss, Roy Moss and Carl McFall, sang several songs.  Mrs. Lloyd Gilliland accompanying on the pipe organ, including "How Sweet it Will Be," and "Nearer My God to Thee."  Mrs. Cases, Mrs. Cull, Dr. Longwell and Roy Moss sand "Have Thine Own Way Lord."

   Mrs. L.H. Beaty, Mrs. C.H. Dillingham, Mrs. West Harris, Mrs. W.J. Haley, Mrs. L.M. Mahanay, Mrs. A.B. Shout and Mrs. Lynn Harris, sisters of the Eastern Star dressed in white with Sam D. Mitchell acting as worthy patron, gave an impressive memorial program.
   Flower matrons were Mrs. John Mounts, Mrs. R.O. Ray, Mrs. W.E. Muller, Mrs. Paul Hershey, Mrs. A. H. Holloman, Mrs. J.L. Copeland and Mrs. J.M. Smith.
   Honorary pall bearers:  J.E. McConnell, J.L. Sanderson, A.M. Banta, R.J. Harris, W.J. Parton, and G.A. Duncan.
   Pall bearers:  E.J. Cowen, J.A. Carr, J.L. Newland, J.B. Beard, jr., W.E. Muller and R.H. Wessel.
   Burial was made in the city cemetery.