Search Dewey County OKGenWeb ITGenWeb OKArchives USArchives USGenWeb
OKGenWeb    Dewey County    USGenWeb

Mound Cemetery, Dewey County, Oklahoma
from Taloga, 1 mile South on 183 Highway on West side of Highway

A cemetery association was organized March 9, 1898 with E. W. Black acting as chairman and M. L. Cook as secretary. The Articles of Corporation were drafted by G. E. Black, D. G. Springston, and Milton Shultise. The committee to obtain a location was: F. W. Rigg, O. L. McClung, M. L. Cook, W. W. Patten, and M. K. McFadden. The association was incorporated for a tem of 99 years. Mound Cemetery Association was selected as the name.

The first Board of Trustees: Milton R. Payne, Ebenezer G. Woodward, Frank W. Rigg, Emery W. Black and Milton Shultise. The first officers: Emery G. Black, Chairman; Frank W. Rigg, Clerk and E. G. Black, Treasurer.

The original cemetery land was purchased from H. Smith, paid $25.00 for five acres. An additional 2 1/2 acres, on the south end of the original, was deeded to the association by Walter Smith. A perpetual care program was introduced in 1975 by Chairman Alven Evans. Individuals who have served on the board for a number of years are: Harry Butler, John Myers, Doyle Pollock and Jessie Clark.

Photos and history provided by Pauline Fahle.

0-99 ~ 100-199 ~ 200-299 ~ 300-399 ~ 400-499 ~

500-599 ~ 600-699 ~ 700-763
Mound Cemetery