Falls Creek Baptist Assembly Ground
Falls Creek 1940
Falls Creek Dam
Located in the Arbuckle Mountains on Falls Creek, this assembly ground was in use as early as 1911. The first verifiable date of an assembly was in 1917. The terrain, being extremely rugged, was traversed in early days with mule and horse pack animals. Tents were used for sleeping and a brush arbor was used for the worship building.
In 1917, J. B. Rounds and W. W. Moorer held an assembly with 273 in attendance. At first, the assemblies lasted only a few days each summer. Then, as the automobile became more popular, and roads to the area were built, the sessions lasted all summer. Many churches use the area as a youth camp as well as general assemblies. Each Baptist church has it's own cabin or may lease a cabin of another church.
Today a new multi-million dollar 100,000 sq ft convention center is being built which will make Falls Creek a year round facility.
DID YOU KNOW?
For more information on Falls Creek Baptist Convention Center and Assembly call any these numbers:
580-369-2101, or 369-2951, or Gift Shop 369-2951
Falls Creek Assembly Ground - 1950's
Dennis Muncrief, October 2001