Okfuskee County
OKGenWeb

Okfuskee County
County Seat -
Okemah

USGenWeb
Home | Archives  | CemeteriesObitsQueries | Additional Links
 

 

 

 Historical Sites of Okfuskee County

Boley Historic District
Boley Historical Museum

Okemah Armory

Okfuskee County Courthouse

Weleetka Town Hall & Jail

Woody Guthrie House


Alabama Baptist Church - built in the 1870s by an old Alabama tribe. An old Alabama Tribal Town of the Creek Nation was about 2 1/2 miles southwest of this church. Location: 1 mile north and 1/2 mile west of Weleetka, near Alabama Creek. 

Deep Fork Court House - Part of the Creek Nation Deep Fork District. Location: 3 miles east of Morse, and about 1/4 mile north and 1/4 mile east on the county road, on the east side of Philadelphia Creek; sec. 2, T12N, R10E. 

Greenleaf Town - Town and Greenleaf's store in the Creek Nation in the 1850's. Location:  about 4 miles southwest of Okemah. 

Old Dog Ford - near Dill's Ranch on the North Canadian River, at or near the rapids in the stream. Thomas James' expedition to the west occurred in 1823. They buried all the trading hardware which has never been recovered. Location:  on the North Canadian River, about 2 1/2 miles southeast of Boley. 

Thlopthlocco Town - Part of the Creek Nation in the 1830's and the headquarters of Col. D. H. Cooper, of the Confederate forces in 1861, before the battle against the Opothleyahola (Loyal Creek or Union side) in December 1861. Location: about 2 1/2 miles northwest of Weleetka, on the east side of Alabama Creek. 

Oklahutchee - Creek name for the Canadian River. 
 

This page was last updated on 10/14/11

 

Okfuskee
 

 USGenWeb

Oklahoma's FGS Project
 

Oklahoma Family Group Sheets

All States Family Group Sheet Project

OK Gen Web 
SC - Linda Simpson
ASC -
Mel Owings
1996-Present ~ All Rights Reserved

 County Coordinator Linda Simpson